Gun & Weapons Offenses
The Law Office of John M. Walsh expertly defends individuals against gun and weapons charges in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Do not plead guilty to the charge, or accept any offer from the prosecutor, without first consulting an experienced criminal defense lawyer. We protect the accused facing all types of gun offenses and related charges in the state and federal courts. To learn more about challenging gun and weapons charges, contact us for a free initial consultation.
While it is legal to carry a gun with proper documentation and gun licenses in Pennsylvania, there are certain instances where the possession of a firearm or other illegal weapon will result in weapons charges, including:
- Convicted Felon in possession
- Straw purchases
- Possession of an unregistered gun
- Possession of a stolen gun
- Possession of an instrument of crime
- Possession of a sawed-off shotgun or automatic weapon
While the possession of an illegal weapon is a serious crime in and of itself, it is often most dangerous when it is an aggravating factor to another crime, such as:
- Using a gun or visibly possessing one in the commission of a crime carries a mandatory five to ten years on top of the underlying offense.
- Possession of a gun in close proximity to a drug offense is a mandatory five to ten year enhancement.
Contact the Law Office of John M. Walsh to schedule a free initial consultation.